A lot of people have heard about beard oil from one source or another, but much of the information available is confusing and sometimes, conflicting. How often should I use beard oil? When should I use beard oil? How much beard oil should I use? We get it! It’s confusing! The good news is, we wrote this article to tell you clearly and concisely about the benefits of beard oil. Men, growing beards of all lengths have found top shelf, organic beard oils to be a great choice for stronger and healthier beard. Daily use of a beard oil can yield wonderful results for a once dry or brittle beard.
The amazing benefits of top shelf Beard Oil
First, the idea of applying natural oils to improve a beard grooming routine is nothing new. Beard oil is much older than most people realize. Beard oil is an ancient remedy that contains essential oils with antibacterial and antiviral attributes. Modern beard oils are now enriched with vitamins and antioxidants that promote healthier skin and hair. top-shelf beard oils help prevent breakouts and itchy skin caused by dandruff. Additional benefits that come with regularly applying beard oil:
- A smoother beard that’s tougher, more durable and less susceptible to breaking
- Fuller and softer to the touch
- Making grooming much easier
- Reduces skin irritation
- Promotes hair growth
Essential oils inside top-shelf beard oils improve circulation and support keratin levels to make the actual hairs stronger while they grow.
How long will beard oil last? Well, that depends on how active you are and what your current grooming routine looks like. The basic rule of thumb is to apply beard oil at least twice a day. After you shower in the morning, apply beard oil to your face. When you get home, after you wash your face before bed, you should apply beard oil. The caveat being, if you’re very active during the day and sweat a lot during your workouts, you’ll want to apply beard oil after you shower, after your workout.
Every day needs to be beard oil day
It’s normal to apply beard oil at least three times a day:
- Use beard oil daily to promote hair growth, a clean face and the regular use of beard oil will help your body grow more hair.
- When it’s hot out and your deep into the summer months, beard oil can behave like sunscreen for your hair so it doesn’t dry out, crack and eventually break.
- Use beard oil before you go swimming. It shouldn’t come as a surprise, but chlorine found in pools and waterparks can really dry out and damage your beard. Apply beard oil before you come into contact with chlorine.
- No to mention potentially harming the sensitive proteins in your beard hair, the essential oils in top-shelf beard oils are very susceptible to heat and their effectiveness can degrade if heated. Store your beard oils at room temperature and you should be good to go.
How to Apply Beard Oil?
We’ve made an easy to follow system that makes applying beard oil simple. If you want to learn from the best, simply follow this link to learn the best way to apply beard oil to your beard. We’ve built out the best beard routine for you and it includes the best organic beard oils on the market and the best styling comb to help you achieve your best look.
How Often to Use Beard Oil?
The easy answer, without being too ridgid…you can use beard oil as often as you like or as much as you feel your beard requires based on size and dryness. Top-shelf beard oils assist in balancing the pH of your skin and hair. At the same time, activate the sebaceous glands in your skin to produce more of your body’s natural oils to nourish your beard.
It’s no surprise that our ancient ancestors experimented with essential oils like; Marula Oil, Argan Oil, Sunflower Oil, Pomegranate Oil and more, trying to find perfect combinations that worked for their beard. It has taken a few thousand years to get the recipe right, but the good news is there are a few brands of beard oil that have taken this challenge seriously and have launched products that the ancient kings of old would have fought wars over (seriously, kings back then were wild like that). Think of yourself and a modern day king that gets to chill at home and make the perfect blend of essential beard oils come to them. Make sure whatever you choose contains nothing but 100% organic essential oils and your royal face will thank you!