Well before we answer that, let’s talk about the benefits of beard oil. Gentleman, sporting beards of all lengths have found premium, organic beard oils to be a great choice for stronger and healthier beard. Daily use of a beard oil can yield wonderful results for a once dry or brittle beard.
Benefits of Premium Beard Oil
First, beard oil is much older than most people realize. It’s an ancient remedy that contains essential oils with antibacterial and antiviral attributes. Modern beard oils are now enriched with vitamins and antioxidants that promote healthier skin and hair. Premium beard oils help prevent breakouts and itchy skin caused by dandruff.
Additional benefits that come with regularly applying beard oil:
- A silkier beard that’s stronger and less susceptible to breaking
- Softer and fuller to the touch
- Way easier to groom
- Less skin irritation
- May increase hair growth
Essential oils inside premium beard oils improve circulation and support keratin levels to make the actual hairs stronger while they grow.
How long will beard oil last? Well, that depends on how active you are and what your current grooming routine looks like. The basic rule of thumb is to apply beard oil at least twice a day. After your morning shower, apply beard oil to your face. When you get home, after you wash your face before bed, you should apply beard oil. The caveat being, if you’re very active during the day and sweat a lot during your workouts, you’ll want to apply beard oil after you shower, after your workout.
Make every day beard oil day
You may also decide to use beard oil more often than three times a day:
- If you want to promote hair growth, a clean face and the regular use of beard oil will help your body grow more hair.
- During hotter summer months, beard oil can act like a sun screen for your hair so it doesn’t dry out, crack and eventually break.
- Before you go swimming. It shouldn’t come as a surprise, but chlorine found in pools and waterparks can really dry out and damage your beard. Apply beard oil before you come into contact with chlorine.
- Besides potentially harming the proteins in your beard hair, the essential oils in premium beard oils are very susceptible to heat and their effectiveness can degrade if heated. Store your beard oils at room temperature and you should be good to go.
How Often to Use Beard Oil?
The simple answer, without being too prescriptive…you can use beard oil as much as you like or as much as your beard demands. Premium beard oil help balance the pH of the hair and skin. At the same time, stimulate the sebaceous glands in your dermis to produce more natural oil to nourish your beard.
How to Apply Beard Oil?
We’ve made this easy. If you want to learn from the best, simply follow our advice and learn the best way to apply beard oil to your beard. We’ve build out the Glyder beard routine for you and it includes the best organic beard oils on the market and the styling beard comb to help you achieve your manly look.