Is the bad weather putting you off venturing outside or do you simply not have the time to make it to the gym?
We’re not big on excuses around here, but whatever your reason is, here are some tough workouts you can do from the comfort of your own home. You don’t need anything but your own bodyweight.
Upper Body Workout
• 20-30 crunches
• 15-20 regular push ups (chest focused)
• Lying leg raises
• 12 close-stance push-ups (triceps focused)
• Bicycle crunches (10 reps each leg)
• 10 v-shaped push ups (shoulder focused)
Complete the circuit 3 times altogether with no rest in between each exercise.
Lower Body Workout
• 20-30 bodyweight squats
• 20 lunges (10 each leg)
• 20 seconds of mountain climbers non-stop
• 16 single-leg squats (8 each leg)
• 40 bodyweight calf raises
Go through each exercise consecutively with no rest until you reach the end. Take a breather and go 2-3 more times.
Full Body Workout
• 15-20 decline push ups *
• 30-second plank
• 15-20 bodyweight squats
• 15 close stance push ups
• 20 seconds of burpees
• 16 oblique twists (8 each side)
• 16 lunges (8 each leg)
• 10 v-shaped push ups
• 20 bodyweight calf raises
(*For the decline push ups, ensure you prop your feet up so that they’re elevated on something stable like a sofa or chair).
Complete each exercise as listed above with minimal to no rest until you’re finished. After a break, continue twice again for a total of three circuits.
Make sure you have a towel and plenty of water on deck. These workouts can be a surprising kick in the butt! Give them a shot and let us know how they went.